Sunday, April 7, 2013

American Idol Season12 : My Top Picks

The A.I. stage might have been dissimilar this season as Adriana Latonio, the last Fil-Am standing in the competition, failed to scrape through the final cut of this season's Top 10 after staging Destiny's Child Stand Up for Love which the judges thought was a wrong choice for her.  So there's no another Jessica Sanchez. Nonetheless, the show advances with the Cadillac of the best there is who will dominate the music industry anytime soon after they conquered the A.I. stage. 

Let me share my top picks in no particular order. ( with the videos I fantasize about and believe was their A+ performance yet )



 KREE HARRISON
She's definitely one of the best vocals there is with the country twang. 
Her stage presence is a bang-up even with no-frills. Consistent and divine.
I chose her performance of "Piece of My Heart" because regardless 
of the "pinch nerve", her top-drawer ability never wanes. This also showcased
how versatile she is as an artist. And yeah, she's really beautiful :)



AMBER HOLCOMB
Mariah tagged one of her stagings as "Tour de Force".
She's the little Whitney Houston of the season 
with that raw soulfulness and effortless belting. 
She makes headway every week actually.
I picked "I Believe in You and Me" because she just looked she's in it to win it.
More standing-Os for my girl :)




CANDICE GLOVER
This lady returned for a no middle-of-the-road dispatch after not getting through last season.
Her melismatic-alike vocal runs enthralls me every time. 
Strong vocal prowess and savoir faire.
Nothing beats her version of "I Who Have Nothing" 
and I guess you just have to see why I said so.


So there goes my top picks. Although, I know it has been quite a long niggling issue on the "white guy with guitar" or WGWG phenomenon wherein the last five AI champs - Cook, Allen, DwWyze, McCreery and Phillips- are all known for their six-string instrument, I guess it's apparent that there's definitely no way the "curse" is yet to triumph since Lazaro is the only guy standing and yeah he does not play the guitar. Yey. So who do you guys think will be the victor in this season's competition?


(Photo credits : FOX) (Photo Processing : geniuscribe.blogspot.com) (Videos : Youtube - americanidol)



No comments:

Post a Comment