Wednesday, August 21, 2013

How a Top-grade Medical Technologist is Made: Straight from the Topnotcher

“Study/review your lessons by heart, understand them, don’t just memorize and entrust everything to God.”


Acing the board exam, just like in any other course, is utterly the beginning of a victorious career. It is a monumental juncture that every student aspires of crossing someday. And it seems like RTRMF College of Medical Technology has never drawn to a close as they produce another topnotcher succeeding last year’s Franz Lenard Barreto who ranked 6th.

Edrian Medina Lucinario garnered a rating of 89.60 percent, enough for him to land as number six among 915 aspirants of the March 2013 Medical Technology Licensure Exam. He graduated as the Academic Excellence Awardee S.Y. 2010 – 2011.

But how is this awe-inspiring feat accomplished? Lucinario shares his experience on being a top-grade Medical Technologist in the making and finally emerging as one of the par excellence there is.


       How did you prepare for the board exam?

“I did a lot of preparation for the March 2013 Medtech board exam. One of those was planning and organizing my schedule in the entire review process (I have given myself a year for the whole preparation). After that I stayed at home and self-reviewed for almost 8 months, reading all my books, notes and reviewers. Then at the end of each subject that I’ve finished I tried answering questionnaires to evaluate my progress. Lastly, I spent my last 3 months of preparation in the review center I enrolled in Manila (ACTS review center). There they taught me everything I need to know regarding the board exam like things or lessons that I didn’t learned during my self-review, tips and strategies in answering the exam etc.”
           
       How did the RTRMF education help you become a board topnotcher?

“I am very thankful and grateful to RTRMF especially to my Professors/Class instructors for they did not only share their knowledge and expertise to their students but they also inspired us not only to pass and graduate but to have passion and dedication in our career. They also kept us motivated, and they taught us not to give up easily especially during hard times.”

       How does it feel to be one of the top 10?

“Honestly until now I still can’t believe that I am one of the top 10 of March 2013 med tech board exam. Kaya nga pag tinatanong ako kung paano ko nagawa yun, sinasabi ko nalang na nakachamba lang ako. Nakakahiya kasi. Hehe but of course I feel so blessed and thankful to God that he has chosen and entrusted me the responsibilities of being a part of topnotcher.”

       What kept you going during the entire preparation/studying process?

“My loved one‘s especially my family, classmates, colleagues, friends, and my girlfriend who’s very supportive. And also my strong will to help my family and at least to repay them for all their sacrifices and all the money they spent just to send me to college and to God whom I dedicate all my achievements  in life.”

       What are your plans after passing the board exam?

“Pursue as a medical technologist in a laboratory.”

       What is your advice to students who will take the Medical Technologist Licensure exam in the future?

“Study/review your lesson by heart, understand them don’t just memorize and entrust everything to God.”

            Truly, a topnotcher is neither built as an overnight success nor a few months of intensive review. The roadmap to becoming a true top-grade Medical Technologist starts with a commitment to excellence and with a relentless passion for high-yield and fun learning experiences early on in the school journey. Along with, paramount among others, is the incessant faith in God to make one’s dream a parchment of reality.



No comments:

Post a Comment